This article explains how to define the test protocol when you add a new sport lab test:
- Click on the Sport Lab tests icon in the menu bar, to open the ‘Sport Lab Tests’.
- Click on Add to create a new sport lab test. The sport lab test wizard appears as a pop-up.
- The wizard will guide you through the steps to enter a sport lab test.
- Page 5/9 lets you define the Test protocol.
A. Different test parameters:
- Protocol type
Describes the performance unit that will be used to execute the sport lab test.
- Load type
Expressed as time or distance.
Time or distance depending on selected load type.
- Initial load
First load to start the sport lab test in step 1.
- Change of load
Defines the amount of performance added to the previous step expressed as speed, watt or heart rate.
- Target load
Enter the target load expressed as speeds, watt or heart rate to define the estimated final load. This could be a known maximum or a target above the known maximal performance.
- Number of steps
Automatically calculated from previous protocol data or a free input number.
- Lactate points/step
Number of lactate measurements /step.
- Rest between steps
Rest time between steps.
Maximal or submaximal exertion prescription.
Sport lab test with or without gas analysis.
- Sport lab test devices
Description of test, heart rate, lactate and VO2 gas analysis devices.
B. Test protocol:
Auto defined by entering the necessary 'Test parameters' .
C. Save Test protocol:
Save a test protocol to your personal 'Test protocol' library to save time.
D. Select Test protocol:
Select a saved 'Test protocol'.
E. Manage Profiles:
Click on the Manage Profiles button and:
- Add new protocols to the protocol database,
- Edit existing protocols or
- Delete protocols in the protocol database